Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Becca's Wedding

On October 23 our friend Becca Romberger got married in the St. George Temple. Russell and I had the opportunity to attend the sealing and it was amazing! I love going to the temple and escaping the world for a few minutes. This time was especially good, however. The sealer not only gave the couple getting married great advice but also the people in attendance. While he was talking, I started tearing up because I could feel the spirit so strong. I realized once again how important a temple marriage is. I also realized that I had been taking my marriage and also my husband for granted and I needed to appreciate them better. Russell and I are sealed for time and all eternity and our children are also sealed to us because they are born in the covenant. We made a covenant before God to love and care for each other forever. That alone has gotten us through some hard times. While watching this sealing, I was taken back to when we got married in that same room. I remembered the feeling I had there. I knew then, as I do now, that our marriage was ordained of God and that a higher power was present witnessing that sacred ordinance. I know Russell and I made the right choice to be married in the temple and I am so grateful we were worthy to enter that sacred place to perform this sacred ordinance. We have been, and will be, eternally blessed for it.
Becca and her new husband Jake outside the temple after the wedding. Everyone was so happy especially the bride and groom!

After the wedding and pictures, Russell and I decided to take a few pictures of us around the temple grounds. This is the front of the temple. Emily was too interested in the fountain to look at the camera.

I love this picture! I love how the sun glistens off of the pure white temple making it shine. But mostly I love the fact that our family will be together forever through the ordinances performed in this great temple. The church is true!!!

1 comment:

Cami and Phil said...

That is so cool that you were able to go to that sealing. I would like to go to another one so I can actually listen this time and really pay attention to what the sealer is saying.