Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bubbles, Gardens & General Conference

April has been such a busy crazy month for us.  We have been doing so much but at the same time, I was trying to get through the last few weeks of tax season so I was working 10 to 12 hour days.  Not only that, Russell was also finishing school and studying for finals so he was busy too.  So long story short, my weekly posts have slacked and I am now posting four new posts of our fun adventures during April. Enjoy.

We have been having a blast being outdoors this month.  The weather has been so nice lately that we put way our winter clothes and got out the summer clothes.  

These kids love being outside so much that I cannot keep them clean.  Here they are playing with the bubbles in the backyard.  

As you can see, the bubbles ended up spilling so instead of blowing them, they splashed and played in the soapy water.  I guess that was their bath for the day.  Logan loves walking now.  He runs everywhere he goes and it is sometimes hard to keep up with him.

Also, we planted our garden at the end of March and first part of April.  We have a bigger garden this year than we have in the past.  We turned our old dog run into a garden plot.  Here is our beautiful garden:

And here is our messy dirty boy.  Logan LOVES the dirt.  Whenever we go outside, he heads straight for the dirt and buries himself in it.  In our garden we planted tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, onions, radishes, Brussels sprouts, lettuce, spaghetti squash, zucchini, cucumber, peas, and beans.  So far we have harvested some very yummy strawberries.  I hope our garden does well this yer.  I love home grown vegetables.

We also enjoyed watching General Conference this month.  Conference is always so good and this time was no exception.  I do wish we could have listened to the Saturday sessions a little better but we had to go to Emily's soccer game that morning.  Also it is hard to listen while fighting three kids.  I guess that is no excuse though.  The talk I liked the best was Elder Uchtdorf's on having gratitude even during times of trail.  He definitely pointed out that we are truly blessed even if it sometimes feels like we are not.  This message was something I needed to hear because I truly am blessed with a great family, and everything I need.

No comments: