Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day & More

Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there!  I had a great relaxing Mother's Day this year full of surprising love notes all over the house from Russell and the kids.  Emily made me a really cute card and picture at preschool and I really enjoyed reading what she wrote in the note.  The assignment was to answer questions about your mom.  Emily listed that I was 90 years old and weighed 70 pounds.  She also listed that I was cute and her favorite thing to do with me was go on Mother/Daughter dates.  Oh and I make the best spaghetti.  When other than the age and weight thing, I think she is pretty right on!  She also painted me a picture of flowers.  It was so cute.  Then Colby made me a flower picture in nursery using his thumb prints and he told me Happy Mother's Day every time he saw me.  Logan was full of love and hugs for me as usual.  It was a great day.
For Primary I made these candy flowers for the kids to give to their moms and the ladies in the ward.  We had the kids take them into Relief Society and Young Women and Nursery to hand deliver the flowers to the women.  The note was in the shape of a leaf and said "Dear Mother all flowers remind me of you!"  It was so fun to had the kids deliver them.  I told the kids to give one flower to each lady but I think some got more than one because of course each child had to give their mom one even if she already had one.  That was okay we had just enough.

After church we went to eat at Chuck-A-Rama with my family.  This has been a tradition ever since I was little.  (Moms don't want to cook or clean up on Mother's Day so we better go out to eat!).

Well on top of Mother's Day, we have had a very busy week.

Russell learned to drive the fire engines this week and was able to pass everything off and get the OK from the chief to now drive the fire trucks.  In the first 5 days of earning this privilege, Russell was able to drive about four times or so.  His first opportunity was a parade for the Special Olympics.  




Russell was able to drive the old Studebaker in the Torch Relay parade for the Special Olympics.  Emily and Colby also got to ride with him as he drove.  They loved being in the parade and especially loved riding in the firetruck.  Doesn't Russell look so cool!

The parade was the Torch Relay for the Special Olympics.  One of the city's police officers ran with the Torch down 100 South in St. George followed by a lot of the athletes.  It was really fun to watch the Relay.

After the Relay, we rushed over to Emily's soccer practice where they were having team pictures.  Here are some of the cute pictures that were taken of the Roses.



It has definitely been fun playing soccer with these girls and getting to know their families.  Emily doesn't really know if she loves playing soccer but she loves being with her team.  

Also, this weekend was our ward's Fathers and Sons camp out.  Russell and Colby had a blast at "Fathers and sons camping."

With the guys gone, Emily and I had our own Mothers and Daughters date.  We also invited Logan because Russell said he was still too little.  Poor little Logan cried when he saw Dad and Brother leaving without him.  It was so sad.
But we had fun anyway going out to eat at Red Robin and shoe shopping for new summer sandals.  When we got home, we painted out toenails and watched a movie then had a big sleepover in mommy's bed.  It was a lot of fun.  Emily said, "I like Mothers and Daughters.  It is my favorite day!"
It looks like Russell and Colby had fun at Fathers and Sons too.  They took the four-wheeler and went for a ride before dinner and then slept like men in the back of the truck under the stars.  Colby also had fun playing with all of the other kids especially his friend Cayson.

Like I said before, Russell got to drive the firetruck quite a bit this week.  There were 3 or 4 fires in town that he was able to go on and drive to.  Below are some pictures of one of the fires this week.

This was a house on Main Street.  Russell had an interesting story to tell about a cat and a snake in this fire...

No comments: