Thursday, April 14, 2016

Evening Things Out

We went in for our 20-week ultrasound yesterday and we took all of the kids.  Each of the kids voted on what they hoped the new baby would be.  Emily of course voted for a sister,  Logan said it was a boy, and Colby was undecided.  I was pretty sure it was a girl based on my comparisons of the other pregnancies but I had started to second guess myself and was still wondering.  After checking all of the things the ultrasound tech was supposed to like heart, brain, organs, lip, and more, she was able to show us what we were adding to our family. 

We are excited to announce that the boy vs girl score will be evening out in our family.  We are having a little girl!!
Isn't she pretty!  Emily was so excited that when she got back to school, she told everyone she was getting a new sister.  Colby was excited too even though he didn't really care either way.  He has been trying to help me pick a good name.  Logan on the other hand was devastated!  He cried the whole way out of the doctor's office saying that he wanted the baby to be a boy.  I thought that was so funny because is he really old enough to really care?  I guess so.  He has since come to terms with it even though he still tells me things like "If the baby is a boy..."  

We are excited for another girl.  The crazy thing is though I don't have any baby girl things!  I have a few things from Emily but most of her stuff was generic because we didn't find out what we were having with her.  So my list of things to make and do has gotten pretty long.  Now I just need to find the motivation and funds to do all of those things.  

We can't wait to welcome Baby Girl in September!

No comments: