Thursday, November 17, 2016

First Snow of the Season

Winter has officially arrived and no I am not ready for this!
The kids sure are though.  They have been checking the weather report on my phone for days just hoping and wishing for snow.  Well the snow finally came and wouldn't you know it, it came on a day that Russell worked so lucky me, I got to shovel the driveway.  The first thing the kids did when they saw the snow was grab their snow boots and winter coats and beg to go outside.  Well it was a school day so I told them they could play in it after school.  They were so bummed.

After school, I was a nice mom and let them play in the first snow of the season before doing their homework.

They had a blast making snow angels and throwing snowballs at each other.  As you can see most of the snow had melted during the day but they were happy to get to play in whatever little snow there was.

Even Charlotte got to go out in the snow for the first time.  She was bundled up really tightly in my coat and probably asleep but she was there.  These kids love snow; I don't know what their problem is...

Well this winter so far has been really weird in that the snow does not last very long.  That is okay with me but it is kind of hard to go sledding when the snow keeps melting.  So the first snow melted but then about a week later we got hit with some more snow and this time there was a little more.

This time I made the kids help me shovel the snow.  They gladly grabbed their shovels and went to work making a game out of it.  I think Colby shoveled the whole sidewalk along our property by himself.  With the sidewalk and driveway snow, they made a big snow hill to lay on.  

This second snow didn't last very long either but hey we still have a long winter ahead of us.  Happy Snow Day!

No comments: