Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year Eve Adventures

We rang in the New Year with the Farnsworth Family. Jen had a great idea for the weekend of New Years Eve, she wanted all of us to come to her place and have a great time and that is what we did. We started off the day by driving down to West Jordan where they lived and met the family there. Grandma and Grandpa Farnsworth had Christmas presents for everyone, so we took some time and opened up the presents they got us. The kids were definitely spoiled my the Grandparents. 

After that we all bundled up and headed to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. Ever since we went for the first time as a family last year we were all excited to see the lights again and make it a family tradition. It was way cool because the only person missing was Tyler. The kids loved seeing the lights and going inside to see the statue of Jesus Christ and hear the program. Mom got Jen, Traci, and Tiffany matching beanies, go Wonder Women! 
We always love getting pictures of grandma and grandchildren and also of the cousins together. We are missing the youngest few children, but here are the oldest of the cousins. It is crazy how time flies with how fast they grow. They all had a good time spending time together.

We loved seeing the Christus statue and hearing the message.  

When we go to the Salt Lake Temple everyone has to get the famous family picture with the temple in the back ground. So here we are:

Friday was a quick day of seeing the temple lights and heading home so the next fun adventure can begin the next day. On New Years Eve we headed back down and this time we stopped off in Kearn's at the Olympic Oval ice rink to have fun ice skating. Everyone was excited to go. Emily could not wait because she said she wanted to show us how good she is getting and did not need a walker. Colby and Logan wanted to go because he had never done it. As for me it has been a long time and I wanted to see if I still had it. Here we are all together at the ice rink getting ready to go.

Funny stories to remember: When we first got there, everyone was ready to go, except for Charlotte. She decided to have a massive blow out in her diaper. Tiff tried to change her there then she said "I need to find the bathroom; it is everywhere!" Fun starting adventure number one. While she was doing that, we found Bill and his kiddos. I asked Chase if he could take Emily around while I took Colby and Logan around the rink. Emily was so excited to go with someone else other then her parents or a walker. She wanted to be a big kid and show us she is getting better. I would have to say she did and awesome job. Chase held her hand for a couple of laps and then she was on her own. She would come flying by us and say, "Mom, Dad, look how fast I am going and I have not fallen yet!" She did go the whole time with only falling once. GO EMILY! I forgot how ice skating used so many muscles in my legs. It was way awkward trying to remember how to skate while balancing Colby who has never skated. He was a trooper though. He was trying his best to get the hang of it. There was a family leaving and they had a walker they let us have. He tried that out and he was a pro at it. He would go really fast and forget that his skates could not stop, so they slid in front of him and he would fall on his butt. He would try to show off by moving his feet side to side of back and forth. He is a skater boy that is for sure.

Logan was funny he was so excited to get on the ice he did not know he needed a hand or he would slip on his butt. I just had enough time to catch him before he went out on the ice by himself. At first he did not expect the whole slippery feet motion, so he was a little scared but once we had a hold of him he was off. Tiff and I would hold his hand or shoulders while he marched his feet the best he could. He also tried the walker and did a better job with it also like Colby. He would take one lap and have to rest because his little legs were wore out after one lap. I don't blame him it is a quarter mile loop each lap. As he was resting, he found this little piece of ice section and said, "Look Mom I am skating!" Tiff and I had fun taking both boys out and watching them have fun. 

Another fun story. I was out with Colby and I was getting a little bit more comfortable and confident skating, so I decided to see how long I could skate backwards. I flipped around and was watching Colby skate in front of me while I was also trying to pay attention to what was behind me. As I looked over my should I saw a lady behind me so I knew I needed to turn around. Needless to say I thought I had time to turn around, but my rusty self ended up hitting her and falling to the ground. I fell and as my butt hit the ice down she went too.  I tried to balance her, but it was too late and she crashed also. We both laughed and I said, "Sorry, I thought I had time to turn around." I got back to Tiffany and I had to tell her I fell for another women and she fell for me. If I remember right Tiffany did not fall at all while she was there. What a Pro and a natural ice skater.

We all had a great time at the ice rink and I think it needs to be a new family tradition every year.  The kids especially loved getting together with their cousins and showing off with each other.  We were so glad that Logan was finally over his sickness so that we were able to go party with everyone.
After we went skating, we headed back to Jen and Rick's house to eat and bring in the New Year by playing games and having fun together. This was a perfect year for all of us to get together because we will not be together for a few holidays. Traci and Sean are moving to Texas. Sean got a teaching job at a school in Marshall, Texas and they will be moving there by the end of January. Tyler will be on his mission still next year and who know where Jen and Rick will be. As for us it all depends on my work. I work the next few Christmas's and who knows what other holidays I work the next few years. So this was a big fun get together. Once we were partied out and it was getting late, we got back on the road to Hyrum. We brought in the new year in the car, but it was cool because we got to see the fireworks in some of the cities as we drove up the road. What a great weekend full of fun. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

No comments: