Monday, January 2, 2017

2017... A New Year!

Well here we are in 2017!  Last year was a really good year and we had a lot of fun adventures.  We also welcomed Charlotte into our family and we love her so much.  This year we also have high hopes for another good year.  We don't have any major plans yet for this year but I am sure we will think of something.  Russell started school again this month and only has about 20 or so credits to take before he earns his Bachelor Degree in Emergency Management.  He is taking 12 credits this semester online through Utah Valley University and then will take about 10 more in the fall before he is finished.  So that is his goal for the year, earn his Bachelor Degree.  As for goals for the kids, I just want them to continue to learn as much as they can.  I want Emily to gain more confidence in herself so I really need to help her by encouraging her to do what she wants and complimenting her more often rather than nagging.  For Colby, I would like him to continue to make new friends and get along better with people.  To do this, I need to encourage him to get out of his bubble and treat others nicely.  To do that, I need to do the same.  For Logan I would like him to learn how to write his name and read.  We have a lot of work to do but he knows all of his letters and is working really hard on his name.  We are starting a Joy School preschool with some moms and kids in the neighborhood so that will help and in the fall I hope to have him enrolled in the preschool through the elementary.  For Charlotte, her goal for the year is to continue to grow and develop.  By the end of the year, she should know how to sit, crawl, and even walk!  There will be a lot of milestones for this girl this year.  For myself, I really want to change my attitude.  It seems like I am always up tight and on edge.  I really need to figure out how to relax and be happier.  I have noticed that my attitude and demeanor is rubbing off on the kids and I hate it.  I want to be a fun mom and have a good relationship with my kids but it seems like I always just get frustrated with them and end up yelling.  I want to yell less this year.  I want to say yes more often rather than always saying no.  I want to let my kids be and act like kids without making them feel like they are always doing something wrong.  I feel like I am always talking down to them rather than talking with them.  Does anyone have any advise?  I really just need an attitude adjustment.  I love my kids and I want to show them that I love them more than anything.  Those are our goals for the year.

No comments: