Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Resolutions

Hello 2018!!!  I'm not going to lie, I was glad to see 2017 go.  Last year was a rough year.  A lot of things happened last year that we did not want to happen.  Now we are on to a new year though and here's to hoping good things happen this year!  As a family we talked about some of the goals we want to accomplish this year.  I think we came up with some pretty good mental, physical, and spiritual goals.

Russell wants to graduate with his Bachelor's Degree this year.  He is 10 credits away from graduation so he is taking 7 credits this semester and the last 3 in the summer or fall and then he will be done.  Russell also wants to really get his nutrition in check and lose 30 pounds.  He wants to do this by eating right and exercising.  He also wants to grow spiritually by going to the temple more often, and praying for missionary experiences.

Emily thought of some good goals for herself too.  She wants to get better at drawing, reading, and her piano.  She wants to do these things without whining!  Emily also wants to become a faster runner and her goal is to do a 5k this year.  Finally her spiritual goal is to memorize the Articles of Faith and read the scriptures more often.

Colby thought of his own goals too.  He wants to write his own piano song and practice drawing.  He also wants to get better at running and work on running 3 laps during running club.  (Each lap is about .75 mile so three laps would be over two miles.)  His spiritual goal is to start memorizing the Articles of Faith and prepare to get baptized next year by reading the Book of Mormon.

Logan's goals are to learn to write better.  He wants to be able to write the whole alphabet well before Kindergarten.  He also wants to run with everyone and learn how to play soccer.  His spiritual goal is to be more obedient and learn about the Articles of Faith too.

The goals Russell and I have for Charlotte are to learn to talk better and get potty trained!  Yeah no more diapers!

My goals are similar to the goals I have every year.  I want to write in my personal journal more often.  I write in the blog a lot which is great but I should update my personal journal too.  I asked Russell and the kids if I should stop the blog because it really stresses me out sometimes and they all said "No!!!"  So I will continue with the blog but maybe cut back a little.  My major mental goal this year though is to not get stressed out or overly OCD or too crazy and uptight.  This will be the real struggle but my physical and spiritual goals should help with this.  My physical goal is to get back into running.  I want to be able to run with the kids during Running Club this Spring.  I also want to run the 5k with Emily as part of her goal.  I think getting more exercise and away time will really help me unwind and be less stressed.  My Spiritual goals are to read the scriptures more often, study the lessons for Sunday, and read the Ensign rather than so many novels.  I want to attend the temple more often as well.  There are a lot of projects I want to get done around the house this year too so we will see how that goes.

As a family we also made some family goals.  We want to be more consistent with Family Home Evening, family scripture reading and family prayer.  We also want to take swimming lessons and go on a big family trip.  For a trip we thought about Glacier National Park, Missouri/Nauvoo/Church Sites, or even just back to Moab.

We have a lot of big plans for this year.  I just hope it is a good year and we all remain in good health this year.  Welcome 2018!  

No comments: