Thursday, February 21, 2019

Blue & Gold Banquet

As the Primary Counselor over Scouting, I have been busy helping the Cub Master and Scout Leaders plan and prepare the Blue & Gold Banquet for our ward.  It has been fun getting the decorations together and then seeing the final product.  The theme for the banquet was "Scouting Around the World."  So we had a bunch on international flags and souvenirs from around the world as decorations.  I put together the centerpieces of international flags and the balloons shaped as worlds.  The primary president put together this cute photo booth for the evening as well:

My favorite part of the Blue & Gold Banquet was the decorated cakes the boys brought.  They were all pretty creative.  I felt like the whole evening was a success and I hope the Scouts and their families thought so too.  The spaghetti dinner was so good too.  

It is kind of sad that this will be the last Blue & Gold Banquet we will do as a church.  This is the last year the Church will be part of the Boy Scouts of America.  In 2020, the Church will start their own church sponsored "scouting" program.  I don't know what it will be called or what it will be like but I am sure it will be good.  Colby starts Scouts in March and is so excited.  He will only have a year in the program but it will be a fun year.

No comments: