Saturday, August 24, 2019

Top of Utah Half Marathon 2019

I participated in the Top of Utah Half Marathon this weekend.  This was the first half marathon I have done since having Charlotte and surviving cancer.  It felt good to get out there and race again.
This is the second time I have run this race.  The last time was 4 years ago.  Top of Utah Half Marathon is a beautiful course through Blacksmith Fork Canyon, Hollow Road in Nibley, through Millville, and ending at Zollinger Park in Providence.  The majority of the course is downhill which really helps with times.

I loved having Russell and the kids out there cheering for me as I ran passed them.  They met me at mile 7, 10.5, and then at the finish line.  I loved hearing them cheer for me.  

The race was really good and I felt good during the whole thing.  My goal for this race was to get under two hours.  Because this was my first half in a while I wanted to be realistic.  I ended up achieving my goal and getting a time of 1:55.  That is not a PR but it is a PR since getting back into running so I was pretty happy with the results.

I am working toward a bigger running goal this year of running in the St. George Marathon.  That race is in October so only about 6 weeks away.  I am glad my family is so supportive of my goals and are willing to put up with me and my crazy running schedule.  Russell is always good to follow me on my long runs whether in the car or on his bike.  Emily is awesome about watching the other kids while we are out running.  

I am so grateful for my health and my body's ability to do these things that I love to do.  Never take your health for granted and do whatever you can to stay healthy!

No comments: