Sunday, October 20, 2019

Fall Break

The kids were excited for Fall Break because they didn't have to go to school.  While they were out, we had a little stay-cation and did some fun things in the Valley.
First we went to the Fall Harvest Festival at the American West Heritage Center.  I started working there again this month and have been helping with the front desk during the Corn Maze and the Fall Harvest Festival.  I had to work during this weekend so Russell took the kids to all of the activities while I was working.

They had a good time riding the ponies, seeing the animals, and participating in the activities of the festival.

They also got to make masks, climb on rocks, and pet the donkeys.  
When I was on my lunch break the kids came and ate lunch with me.  We ate out by the pioneer encampment.  All the kids wanted to do was run around and throw leaves at each other.  They ate their sandwiches and told me all about their day.  They had done a lot of things and played on everything there was.

Finally I got off work at around 3:00 and together we went through the Corn Maze.

This year everyone wanted to try and do the Maze without a map.  They wanted to try and find their own way through.  It was fun to see them go back and forth through the Maze.  Finally we were able to make it through.  I think I like going without a map better because I enjoy the kids more.  We take our time rather than being so focused on the map and rushing through.
After the Corn Maze we rode on the train for a couple of turns.  This is probably one of the kids favorite things to do on the Farm.

We left the American West Heritage Center and decided to go to North Logan to see the Pumpkin Walk.
We love going here every year.  We like looking at all of the scenes made entirely out of pumpkins.  This year the theme was "Imagine That."  Hidden inside all of the scenes were little white pumpkins with hearts painted on them.  We all liked looking and trying to find them.

These were some of our favorite scenes this year.  A lot of them were Disney themed and they looked so real.  I especially liked the Lion King scenes.  The Charlie and the Chocolate Factory one was pretty awesome too.

We always have to get a picture of us with the Pumpkin Walk Witch at the end.  This is a fun tradition we do every October.  I am glad North Logan puts it together for the Valley.  

We had a great Fall Break!

No comments: