Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camping at Farnsworth Res.

Over the 24th of July weekend we when camping at Farnsworth Reservoir with the my family. We camped there for 10 days and had a great time. Farnsworth Res. is on the Gooseberry side of Fish Lake mountain. Fish Lake is my favorite place in the world. It is so beautiful and I love being in the mountains. I took a lot of pictures so I apologize if this is long.
Russell and I thought it would be really funny if we went around to our family members' camps and collected dues for camping at our reservoir. We figured $5 a night would be a sufficient amount of money but for some reason, no one paid us!

We went fishing almost everyday while we were there. In this picture we were at Mill Meadow. All we could catch were yellow perch. This is Tyrel and Taylor showing off their catch. We also went fishing at Cold Springs and Gates Lake. We caught about 25 nice trout at Cold Springs and a we had a fish fry that night. Unfortunately, we forgot and left two if the cooked fish in the Dutch oven and we got visited by Mr. Pepe Le Pew that night. Our camp stunk so bad that next morning. Needless to say we remembered to check and clean everything at night from then on.

Emily loved the swing we hung for her in a tree. We could leave her in there forever as long as she was being pushed. She would say "Weeeee!" and smile so big.

After fishing at Mill Meadow, we drove to Loa to get a shake at Maria's Grill. When we stopped to get gas at the Sinclair we saw the dinosaur and thought it was a perfect photo op. This is Emily and Jared riding the Sinclair dinosaur.

Russell had to go home for three days so he could work. While he was gone I let Emily sleep with me in our bed. As you can see, she likes to sprawl out when she sleeps so she took up the whole bed.

It was cold this night so my sister gave Emily a snowsuit and she was toasty warm.

Emily is riding my parents dog, Scooter. This dog is big enough to be a horse.

What can I say, that is one cute girl!!! (10 months old birthday picture)

We bought this Ladder Ball game to play while we were camping. All of the nieces and nephews had a good time throwing the balls at the ladder.

Emily playing with cousins Taylor and Tyrel while everyone else went four-wheeling.

We went on a big four-wheeler ride on Monday. Four-wheelers are the best rocking chairs! Emily slept the whole time we were on the ride. While in the ride, we drove past a couple of beaver ponds at Twin Ponds and we saw a moose! We were driving by and my mom said "Look at that big bull." (meaning cow) Just then it lifted it's head and I said "That's not a cow, its a moose!" It was really cool. We were probably only 20 feet away from it. I was wishing I had my camera so I could get a picture. The moose is really rare to see on Fish Lake. This is only the third time I have seen one in all of the years I have been camping at Fish Lake.

We went on a bike ride along the Lakeshore Trail between Bowery Haven and the Fish Lake Lodge. Emily loves riding in her bike stroller and cousin Taylor got to ride with her too. We rode to the Lodge and got and ice cream and then rode back to Bowery.

Ready to ride!

Emily loved playing with all of the cousins. She is telling all of them to "Stick 'em up!" as she waves the cap gun at them.

"Don't mess with me, I've got a gun!"

While fishing at Gates Lake, Russell's chair decided to break. I guess that's what you get for buying cheap stuff at Wal-Mart.

And down he goes! (It was actually really funny but Russell didn't think so!!)

Dad teaching Emily to fish at a young age.

Still fishing. Look how beautiful and calm that lake is!! I love this place!

"TA DA!" Emily and Dad are goofing around at camp.
After camping to 9 days, we had to leave heaven and come back home. Russell and I were trying to figure out a way to stay there forever and never come home but the only thing we could think of was insurance fraud and we didn't want to go to jail so we had to come home. Before coming home, we went to Kanosh and our nephew's baby blessing. All of my family members had just come off the mountain so we all had our camp trailers at my sister's house. We called the place the Hughes' KOA.

After church and the baby blessing, we had a luncheon and played outside. Emily loved jumping on the trampoline with cousin Tyrel. She laughed every time Tyrel bounced her even though she would fall on her face.

We had a great time camping and we wished we could stay up in the mountains. The only bad part about the week was fighting with the road construction and the flaggers. (Way to go Lacie, you assaulted the flagger! lol. Anyway, they should have changed their signs to say the actual times they were working on the roads!)
All in all we had a great time and I cannot wait to go back next year. I cannot believe it is already August and the summer is about over.
Thank you family for the fun times this past week. We love you.

1 comment:

Cami and Phil said...

Emily is so cute! Wow! Camping 9 days! I like the outdoors... but I definately like indoor plumbing. I bet it was nice to get away from the worldly cares for a while!