Thursday, August 20, 2009

Emily's Rocking Chair

Emily's first birthday is coming up next month. I cannot believe she is almost a year old. The time just seems to fly by. Russell has been busy making Emily a few presents for her birthday and yesterday he finished this beautiful rocking chair.


Russell's dad found a similar rocking chair at the DI so he bought it to use as a pattern to make more. Russell traced the pattern, cut it out, sanded like crazy, and then stained it. We wanted to decorated it with something that would be timeless not a cartoon character. We decided to look for a flower but we couldn't find anything we liked that would be big enough. Finally, after searching forever, we found this cute butterfly and it was perfect and it matched the lettering on her name. Russell finished the rocking chair by varnishing it and then put it together. I haven't decided if I need to make a little cushion for it or not. I think the rocking chair turned out really good. Good job Dear!!!
Well, one birthday project down, many more to go. It will be a busy month. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That is an adorable chair. I am sure emily will love it!