Monday, February 11, 2013

First Week

Being a parent of three has actually not been as hard as I thought it would be.  Probably because Russell has been home all week helping me so I haven't had to be on my own yet.  I think another reason it hasn't been too bad is because Emily and Colby have each other to play with and entertain themselves while I am busy with the baby.  When I had Colby it was hard to transition from one to two because Emily still wanted me to entertain her and play with her instead on the baby.  But now she has a buddy and Colby likes to play whatever she is playing.

Also these two have been really fun with Logan.  They are big helpers maybe sometimes too much of a good helper.  Emily always wants to be around Logan and has even learned how to softly put his Binky back in his mouth to help when he is crying.  Here are some fun pictures of Logan's first week.

 Logan does a lot of sleeping!  He still sleeps most of the day waking every 2 hours to eat.  Night is pretty much the same.  The time he is most alert and awake is between 4 and 6 pm.  Then it is bed time at around 7:30 and he has his deep sleep until about 11. 


 I think the first week or so of a baby's life is the hardest.  First they go through the whole birth process, then they get shots and biliruben tests in the hospital.  Then because Logan's biliruben was a little low, he had to go back in a couple days later to the doctor to have it tested again, luckily this time it was okay.  Also during this doctor visit, we had Logan circumcised, which I know has got to be painful.  Logan took this procedure a lot better than Colby did though.  The doctor said it was probably because Logan was younger than Colby.  Logan was 4 days old and because Colby was in the NICU for a few days, he didn't get circumcised until he was 2 weeks old.  In all though Logan has been okay with everything and is a great baby.

 Here are some more pictures of these three cute kids.  Emily and Colby sure do love their little brother.  Whenever Logan cries Colby runs and tells me "Our baby is crying!"  I love how he says "Baby brother Loden."  He also asks me all the time if he can hold baby brother.  Emily also loves to hold Logan and help me give him a bath.  She also loves to give him kisses and hugs (sometimes too many).

 I love how alert Logan is in these pictures.  And I even caught a little smile!  Logan is already growing too fast too!  He was born at 7 lbs 12 oz, when we left the hospital he had lost a little weight and was 7 lbs 5 oz.  Then two days later when we took him to the doctor he weighed right around 8 lbs!  So already be has regained his birth weight and then some and he had grow an inch too!  I can't believe how fast babies grow.

No comments: