Monday, August 19, 2013

Swimming

Our summer ward party was held at the St. George Swimming pool on August 16.  The party was put on by the Cub Scouts.  We had a blast swimming and getting wet.  Emily and Colby loved the big pool and Logan loved splashing in the water.  



I was glad we had their life jackets at the pool because it was easier to keep track of them.  I was also glad Colby had his life jacket because right when we got to the pool, I went to go put our stuff down and then the next thing I know, I couldn't see Colby.  I looked in the water and there was a red life jacket floating in the water.  I rushed over and grabbed Colby out of the water and I was so glad he had his life jacket on or he probably would have drown.  He was scared because I don't think he realized that the water would be so deep.  I told him and Emily that they couldn't go near the water without me.  After that they were really good about staying near me.  Later on, Russell came to the pool after his class so we were able to play a little more.  Even though I have lived in St. George my whole life, I have never been down the hydro tube at the St. George pool.  I decided that needed to change so Emily and I went down the Hydro Tube.  It was so fun!  Emily also had a blast and wanted to keep going down.  We went down three times in a row.  She was jumping up and down and excited the whole time we were in line.  Then I went down with Colby once.  He said it was scary.  We had a good time swimming at the ward party.

No comments: