Sunday, June 1, 2014

Justin's Eagle Court of Honor

Justin's Eagle Court of  Honor was yesterday.  The Bassett's put together a very nice program to honor and celebrate Justin becoming an Eagle Scout, the highest rank in the Scouting Program.  
Each of Justin's Scout leaders spoke about some of the experiences they have had with Justin over the past years and also told some pretty funny stories.  Terral also put together a really nice slide show of Justin and what it means to be an Eagle.  Afterward Chad presented Justin with his Eagle Scout award:


And Justin could not forget to give his parents the Scout Salute after receiving his award.

After landing with the rest of the Eagles in the Eagles' Nest, a member of the Mormon Battalion spoke to us on the importance of the Mormon Battalion and Scouting.  
He also awarded Justin with an official Mormon Battalion neckerchief slide, and walking stick.  Because we have ancestors that were in the Mormon Battalion, Justin also received a special pin to wear on his uniform.  Since the ancestors were on my mom's side of the family, she was able to pin it on Justin's uniform.  (I wish I could remember the names of the ancestors... I really need to learn how to do genealogy...)


Here are all of the members of the Eagles' Nest. Left to Right: Justin's two Scout Leaders, Chad, Clint, Justin, Clay, Russell, and Klint.



And pictures with the family.

Finally, my mom wanted a picture of her three Eagle Scouts:

Well it was hard enough trying to get a picture with these three because they "love" pictures so much...not.  I finally had to tell my mom if she wanted one she would have to take it herself because they would not listen to me.  All three of them laughed at me and called me a tattle-tell.  I told them I learned it from Emily.  So my mom tried to get a picture of them while they ate their cake and that was not working so finally she made them stand up and they finally obeyed. The little stinkers.  

Anyway, after the Court of Honor, we all had cake and root beer. It was a good Court of Honor.  Congratulations Justin on becoming an Eagle Scout.

No comments: