Sunday, November 30, 2014

Welcome Baby James

The Farnsworth clan has a new member of the family!  Rick and Jen welcomed the newest member of thier family this week.   James Keith Stewart was born November 25 weighing 9 pounds 7 ounces.  Paul and Alex are excited to have a new brother and Annalynn still gets to be the little princess! 


He looks so cute in these pictures.  We cannot wait to meet him and see him and the rest of the family at Christmas time.  Jen was such a trooper and had him naturally with no epidural.  That is amazing considering how big James was! Congratulations Stewart family and welcome Baby James!

In other news, Emily lost another tooth:
She lost her other front tooth so now all she wants for Christmas is her two front teeth!  It is crazy because when I started this blog, Emily was getting her first teeth, now she is loosing her teeth!

This week we celebrated Thanksgiving.  We had a great time with our family.  Since Russell's family was up north with Jen and the new baby, we celebrated with my family.  We had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house and it was so good and so nice to be with everyone.  We ate and played games and just enjoyed being with each other.  I had a goal this year to get all of my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving and I am happy to report that I got probably 95% of it done.  The kids and extended family are done so now I just have Russell left.  This was nice to get done because I was not tempted to join in the Black Friday shopping which now starts on Thanksgiving Day.  I think it is so ridiculous.  I didn't even buy a paper or look at any ads.  It was so nice to just enjoy playing games and being with family instead of studying ads and formulating a game plan.  I think I will do this every year because now I have all of December to enjoy the Christmas season rather than worrying about shopping.  I am thankful for all I have this Thanksgiving season but especially my family, home, job, and the gospel to know the true meaning of this holiday season.

I taught my first Relief Society lesson today and I think it went pretty well.  Since this would normally be the December lesson but we bumped it up a week, I decided to do my lesson on the true meaning of Christmas.  I had six other people help me with my lesson by having each of them focus their remarks on a person in the Nativity.  I had someone talk about Joseph, Mary, the Angels, the Shepherds, the lamb, and the Wise Men.  Then I talked about the Christ child.  I also had two ladies sing songs during the program.  I loved how each person that presented gave such good insights into each character and how thinking of that person would help us to remember Christ.  I had a lot of ladies comment on how much they loved the lesson and how they could feel the Spirit.  I am so glad it went so well but I am also glad it is over.  Teaching Relief Society is a lot scarier than teaching Primary.  Luckily I only have to teach once every three months.

No comments: