Sunday, December 7, 2014

Run Run Reindeer

I think we may have found a new holiday tradition!  This weekend we had so much fun running in the Run Run Reindeer race held in Ivins.  Russell and the kids participated in the 1 mile kids race and I ran in the 5K.  
Prices were given out to the most festive runners so we decided to dress up as the Incredibles for the race.  Of course we had to add our reindeer antlers and Russell's Santa beard to be a little more festive.  It was fun to dress up and match.  The St. George News even interviewed us and featured us in their article on the race!

The first race of the day was the 1-mile kids race.  During this race, the kids raced against Santa.  If they beat him they got a prize.  Emily did really well in this race.  She ran the mile in under 12 minutes.  This really surprised me because it was the first time she has ever raced before.  As I was waiting and cheering I looked up and there she was running toward the finish line all by herself.  I raced up to her and ran with her for the last little bit. She did so well but she said her legs hurt too! Here are a bunch of fun pictures from the race:








The boys did great in their race too!  Russell said Colby ran the most of the way too and didn't complain at all.  Colby said it was fun to run with Santa the whole way.  Everyone beat Santa so everyone got a prize.  All of the kids got a finisher's metal and a M&M's.  Oh and we got hot chocolate and doughnuts for our after race food! The kids were in seventh heaven.
Here I am running in my 5K race.  Look I am going so fast the picture is blurry!  I felt really good about this race.  I ran it in 24:22 (7:50 min/mile).  I also placed 4th overall in the women!  I have never placed that high overall!  To bad for me though, they only gave prizes to the top 3 overall so I missed it by one...  Oh well, I did win a cool prize in the raffle drawing though.  I won a free entrance into the Southern Utah Half Marathon coming up in April!  That is a $50 prize right there.  I am excited about that. 
Here is one last picture of Emily and Brielle.  They loved running the race together and then playing afterward.  

This was such a fun family activity and I think we will make it a new tradition.

No comments: