Sunday, February 8, 2015

Goodbye Training Wheels...Again!

This is one happy boy as you can tell from the pictures. Colby watched his sister learn how to ride her bike with out training wheels and ever since then he kept asking me, "Dad you need to teach me to ride my bike with no training wheels." So that is what exactly what I did. We took him out one afternoon and gave him the the low down on what to do and what to not do. I told him on the count of three and off we went. I told him to peddle, peddle, peddle and keep your handle bars straight. After about 15 minutes he was off on his own with no help from anyone. He was so funny, he said, "Look Dad, no training wheels!" I was so proud of him. He did not even have any big wrecks or fall off and get hurt. Not like his dad when I decided to run into the back of my dad's stucco mixer and get a huge black eye. 

"Look at me mom and dad no training wheels."  He is a very happy boy now that he gets to ride around the neighborhood like the rest of the big kids with no training wheels. Now that he has had them off for a few days he can get up and go really fast and is not afraid of going on the side walk and jumping off the little curbs. 
He is so proud of himself too.  He tells everyone he sees that he can ride his bike with no training wheels.  That's my Boy. Love ya Colby.

No comments: