Sunday, April 26, 2015

Southern Utah Half Marathon

I ran my second half marathon this Saturday and let me tell you, I felt much better about this race than I did about my first half marathon.  I don't know if it was because I was better trained or what but this was a great race.  

The race started at the Highland Park in Washington and finished at the Bloomington Park.  The course was relatively downhill or flat the whole way which is always a good thing!  First we ran down the Telegraph hill where we were able to pick up some speed.  We then connected to the trail system and ran through Washington, Washington Fields, St. George, and on to Bloomington.  The weather was cold at the first and then it started raining.  Luckily the rain stopped as I got to about mile 4-5 and was just overcast the rest of the way.  That made it nice because it wasn't so hot.  It ended up being the perfect weather for a race.

Here I am still going strong along the course.  The first picture is at about mile 8 and the second is at mile 10.5.  I was kind of disappointed at the mile 8 aid station because it was right at the bottom of a hill and I knew if I stopped to get a drink, I would never make it up the hill so I just powered through the hill and kept going.  I also grabbed a few of the GU's they were handing out at the aid stations because that stuff is not cheap!  Hee hee!

And here I am powering to the finish line!

I made it!!!  My actual chip time ended up being 1 hour 53 minutes so the gun time was a minute off from my time.  I was so excited that I was able to drop 9 minutes off of the time of my last half marathon.  I averaged an 8:39 minute mile in this race.  

Here I am with my running buddies after the race.  We all did a great job.  Good job, Shawna and Sue!  Now on to a full marathon?  Maybe...

No comments: