Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Cache County Fair 2016

This weekend was the Cache County Fair.  I decided to put in Colby and Logan's quilts that I made a few months ago and see what I could win.  We went to the Fair on Thursday and had a great time.  We walked through the booths and saw all of the crafts and displays.  We also walked through the 4-H and FFA animals.  The kids thought it was pretty fun to see all of the goats, sheep, pigs, and cows.  They also liked seeing the chickens, pigeons, and rabbits.  We even got to hold the cutest little baby rabbits.  After walking through the exhibits, we decided to check out the carnival rides.  Each one of the kids got to pick one ride to go on.

Colby and Logan both chose to go on the motorcycle ride but they wanted their own motorcycle not share.  They loved every second of that ride.  The smiles on their faces made the whole thing worth it for Russell and me.  
Then Emily chose to ride the Yo-Yo.  She also loved it and had a great time.  I told her that was my favorite ride too.  After riding the rides, we saw the elephants and watched them for a while.  They were a little too far away and it was too dark to get a good picture of them but they were pretty cool.  We decided to call it a night because it was close to 10 o'clock.  

On Monday, I went back to the fair to pick up our quilts.  I was feeling pretty bummed out because I only got third place ribbons on both of the quilts.  I was able to get $6 from the fair but I was still feeling really bad.  Then when we picked up the quilts, Colby and Logan both found their quilts and hugged them with the biggest smiles on their faces.  They had missed having their quilts on their beds.  Their excitement at getting their quilts back totally changed my attitude.  It didn't matter what the fair judges thought of my quilts the only thing that mattered was that my boys love them.  They don't care if the binding isn't perfect or if the quilter didn't stitch exactly in the ditch, or anything else.  They just love them because I made them especially for them.  That right there made all of the work worth it to me and changed those white ribbons into blue ones in my eyes! 

No comments: