Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Photo Shoot

Picture overload post coming up!  Once a year or so we have a big photo shoot day and get updated pictures.  I don't think we did this last year but this year, with the addition of Charlotte, we needed updated pictures.  Mostly I wanted to get some newborn pictures of Charlotte and since Emily will be turning 8 and getting baptized, I wanted some baptism pictures of her too.  While we were at it we got updated family pictures as well.  Our neighbor, Kari Jones was awesome enough to take the pictures for us.

First Charlotte's newborn shots.  Nothing is sweeter than newborn photos!



We thought this firefighter one was pretty creative.  Russell liked it a lot.  And here are some of Charlotte and me:


We took Charlotte's pictures at our house and Kari wanted the house to be super warm like around 80 so that Charlotte would be nice and warm and content for the pictures.  Kari even used a small heater to warm the area before placing Charlotte in the pose. It worked really well for the baby but the rest of us were sweating to death!  Oh well it was all about Charlotte anyway right!

Later that day when Emily got home from school, we met Kari at the Logan Temple grounds to take some baptism pictures of Emily.  I love how they all turned out.  Emily loved being the center of attention as well!  Here are a few of my favorite pictures of this beautiful girl:







I especially loved this jumping picture!  We also had Kari take a few of Emily and Charlotte.  They will both share a special day because we are doing Charlotte's baby blessing on the same day as Emily's baptism.  Also my mom made both of their white dresses out of the same material so that they would match.

Pretty sisters and beautiful girls!  While the girls were getting their pictures taken, I pushed the boys in with them to get a fun picture of all the kids:

Logan was just being funny so Kari snapped this fun one of him too.

While we were all dressed up, we had to get a new family picture too, of course.

I really like the temple in the background reminding us that Families are Forever!  We kind of are a good looking bunch when we clean up nicely.  I love how all these pictures turned out!  

When we got the pictures back, we realized that we had a new picture of everyone except Colby...  So Colby and I went out and had our own photo shoot of just him.  Look at this handsome little man: 

Colby's favorite was this once with the tractor.  He wanted his own picture of it for his room.  I have to say it is pretty cool.

He also wanted one in his favorite climbing tree, the willow tree by the river.  Colby loved showing me how high he could climb in that tree.

There you have it our updated photos for 2016.  I can't believe how fast everyone is growing...

No comments: