Wednesday, November 15, 2017

More Fall Fun

We have been having a lot of fun this fall with all of the activities the kids are involved in and all of the fun things there are to do in the Valley.  

Lets start the Fall fun off with this cute little girl. Our little super star. She has grown up so fast that we can't keep up with her. 

 Charlotte loves to be funny and she definitely finds ways to make us laugh. I was changing her one day and she kept calling me "Mama," so I helped her know that I was "Dada." I pointed to myself and said "Dada." I did that about ten times and I did not expect it to stick. A few days later, I asked her "Where's Daddy?" and she pointed to herself and said "Dada." I laughed so hard that she did the actions while saying Daddy. She is also a little sneaky little girl. There will be times we would find her in the bathroom drawer getting into the Q-tips and wanting her ears cleaned. You think she would play in the toilet or something, but no she puts down the toilet seats (thank goodness). She has an amazing personality. Love you little girl.

Next is Colby: This big boy has grown up a lot this year and he has had a lot of fun with all of his adventures. This picture made me a proud Dad because I remember the first time I started to mow my parent's lawn in Las Vegas.  It was getting time to start winterizing everything and one job was to get the lawn done. Colby came out and asked to help and of course I said yes. I told him I was his age when I started to mow the lawn and he wanted to do it, so off he went.

 He did a great job, I'm so proud of him. He also made a goal to earn money for the book fair at the school and this was one way I told him he could earn money. He also helped rake the leaves in the yard so he could jump in them. I was laughing at first when I heard the only reason he wanted to rake leaves was to play in them. Then I thought work hard and then play. He did work hard and did a great job getting them in a pile. I had a fun time showing him some pointers to help him get better. I love Dad teaching moments. I have amazing kids. Thanks Colby for being my helper.

Emily is getting so pretty, beautiful and amazingly smart. Even though we butt head and argue a lot she has my heart because she is my oldest daughter and I love her so much. She has come so far this year in all of her adventures.  She loves school and playing with her friends. She enjoys being a little helper to her parents. Even though I tell her to not be the mom, she is another mother hen because she loves her brothers and sister. Sometimes I wish she would not grow up so fast and stay a kid. I keep telling her to be a kid and I guess I want her to get all she can out of being a kid before she grows up and misses out. 
She loves her piano and she is amazing at playing it. She has had many recitals and has done great on all of them. This is the Halloween recital and she is dressed up as a cute Cabbage Patch doll. She loved it. She also has had fun with her CCLT leadership club at the school. She tries to sign up every Fall and Spring. She also loves her singing class and has done great on her performances.  Emily has been a busy busy girl.

Logan has done a lot this year and has grow up so big. He started pre-school this Fall at Mt. Crest High School. He loves telling people he goes to high school. We all laugh. He also is doing really good in his music class and loves going. He is our kid that loves playing outside. He would play outside all day if you let him. He loves to read his books and thinks he is as big as his older siblings. He has been a great help to me out in the yard as well in getting things ready for winter. He also has been a great help to his mom when she was not feeling good. Logan has the biggest loving heart and he loves sharing it. He loves giving hugs to those that need it. Love you Logan!

Like any kids they all like playing in leaves. We made a couple of piles in the yard and rolled around in it and had a blast. 

We buried Colby's head and they buried me also. Charlotte is old enough to have a great time and throw leaves around. It is amazing how much fun a simple thing like dead leaves can be! 

We also brought in the little car and buried it to act like it is stuck. We played I think until it was getting dark and then we went and ate dinner. These are the four best kids a Mom and a Dad could ask for. They are truly are amazing and we love them all.

We had some other cool little school adventures with the kids also. 
Colby had Turkey 'Tie'm with dads this month in his first grade class.  It was a time that dads could come into the class and read a book or show what he did for a job. At first Colby asked if I could just read a book and be done. I said that is fine with me. The week before I came into his class he changed his mind and asked if I could bring my turnouts and tell them about my job.  I had fun telling them about how important it is to be careful with fire and also what we wear in a fire. Colby had a fun time putting on my gear.  

We also had Patriotic Night at the school to honor the veterans and public safety men and women. Emily loves putting my name in. I planned on just wearing my normal clothes and she asked if I could wear my uniform. Of course anything for my girl to make her feel special. It was a great night. 

Well this is the complete opposite of the picture on the top of this page. Charlotte was having a bad little minute in her life and I was able to catch this little funny sad face. Doesn't it make you want to hug her and give her kisses? She also got a hold of  Tiff's beanie and put it on to play peek-a-boo. Charlotte loves stealing Tiff's hats to put them on her own head.  She is so funny. 
Emily and Colby also had a tooth loose at the same time, so it was a contest on who could pull it out the fastest. They spent an hour or longer each night just trying to pull them out. We finally told them to go to bed and worry about it later. I went to work and I got a text message with the two of them holding their own tooth with a smile on their faces. Emily's fell out at school.  Then Colby couldn't be shown up so he worked on his all day.  Finally Tiff just grabbed it and twisted a little and it came right out that night. I told the kids they had lost too many teeth and the Tooth Fairy was running out of money. They of course did not believe me one bit and put their each teeth under the pillow and the next morning they proved me wrong. The Tooth Fairy came. Colby has a funny look because he has the upper and bottom teeth gone in alignment. Emily has been brave since her first tooth and pulled them out on her own. Tough girl.

There you have it, our fun random adventures over the last couple months.

No comments: