Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Football

This is my third year being a flag football coach and it has been a blast every year. This year was a different year. Instead of being the Steelers, we were the Green Bay Packers. I was originally the assistant coach of the Steelers, but they needed more coaches for the boys so I agreed to be a head coach of a different team.  I am glad I decided to change and do it. This team was a great group of boys and they had a blast playing.  I also had a great assistant coach that was also a Farnsworth. Earl Farnsworth is my 3rd cousin from my Grandpa Farnsworth's side. It was funny when we told the boys we were both Coach Farnsworth. The season was great they had some wins and some losses, but in the end they all came out at the end of the season better than they started. 

Colby did a great job this year and has really stepped up his game. He wanted to run the ball more instead of being quarter back. I did my best to do that but in the long run he was the best quarter back that new what he was doing and would listen.

The last game of the year was fun. Nibley city did a cool open ceremony and did a play by play commentary with music during breaks.  One of the parents took all of these awesome pictures during the final game.  The boys played their hearts out during this game and were able to end the season with a win.

  At the end of the game, we had an after game pizza party. We made certificates for each of the boys and this year Colby got the Most Determined. This fit him well because he was determined to work hard. 
Here is a funny story for the end of the season: The city did a half time show with the boys and I decided to get in on it. They had the boys line up on the end zone and sprint to the other end of the field. I got all puffed up and said, "I am going to beat you all!" Earl wanted in on it also. I laughed and told him the last time I did this I fell flat on my face. The bell rang and we were off. I was picking up speed and was staying with the front pack and then it started to happen. I felt myself starting to fall forward and next thing I saw myself eating grass and skidding on the grass. Everyone saw it coming and one of the boys mom's had her camera and got it perfectly in picture. It looks like Earl was going down with me, but he managed to skip around and miss out on the cool fall.

I was a great season with a lot of fun memories. I can't wait for next year. GO PACKERS.

Logan also played flag football for the first time this year.  He was on the Rams team this year. He had a really good time playing and running around. 

The first part of the season he was not to sure what he needed to do, but about three or so games in he was on fire pulling flags. He was catching up with the ball and getting the flag from the other team. Every time he got a flag he got so excited and was grinning from ear to ear. Logan also got the Most Determined award which was so true. He was determine to get those flags and run as fast as he could when he got the ball. 

He played a few different positions, but he played center for the majority of the games and he did a great job. He is so fast when it comes to sprinting because runs on his toes. He is ready for next year to pull more flags and run up and down the field. 

The boys love playing flag football and it is really fun for us to watch the games as well. Good season boys!

No comments: