Monday, May 2, 2022

Lots of Exercise

Now that winter is over and Spring is finally starting, we have been getting outside more often.  Being outside means we are getting more exercise which is always a good thing.

The boys have been training for the Canyon Colt Leadership Run at their school.  Each week in PE they have been running the mile and getting in shape.  Finally all their hard work paid off and it was time for the Leadership run.  Each of the boys had a particular goal in mind before they started their race and worked really hard to accomplish that goal.  Colby ran first with the 5th grade.

Colby ran so fast and ran the whole way.  His goal was to run his mile in under 8 minutes.  He was able to achieve his goal and ran it in a time of 7:54. He was so happy for his time but he was also happy for his place.  He was able to come in first place in the boys and third place overall in the 5th grade!  Nice Job Colby!

Logan was in the last race of the day with the 3rd graders.

Logan was so speedy!  His goal was to beat his previous time of 7:40.  He sprinted the whole way and achieved his goal as well!  He finished with a time of 7:34.  He also placed really well.  He can in fourth place overall in the 3rd grade.  I think he did really well because he ran by himself the whole way.  The first three kids in his grade had high school pacers run with them.  Then Logan didn't have a pacer at all.  And the kids after him had a pacer.  I thought that was pretty rude but Logan didn't care and just kept going.  I am excited that they are getting into running and doing well.

I have also been exercising a lot.  I am training for a big bike ride so I have been riding a lot of miles.
In April I was able to ride 317 miles. My goal was 300 so I was able to achieve that and then some.  I only have one more month until my race so I will continue to ride a bunch more miles in May.

Brooklyn has really taken to walking now.  She is all over the place.  She is not just walking, she is running!  She is also learning to ride a little bike.

She is barely tall enough to balance on this little motorcycle but she loves it.  We have to make sure she is on the level sidewalk and not the sloped driveway because she does not know how to stop.  Every once in a while she will lose balance and tip over but for the most part she likes "vroom"ing around.  She even make the vroom vroom sounds.

While in St. George, I got to go for a bike ride with my friend, Trista.
We are riding the bike race together in a month so it was fun to ride with her and get some training in together.  We rode all over St. George on the trails and had a great time chatting for a couple hours.

I am grateful for our health and our abilities.  I love being active and getting outside.  I am glad the kids like to do those things as well.  We are looking forward to Summer so we can get outside even more.

No comments: