Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

While I was growing up, I never really liked Valentine's Day mostly because I never had anyone to celebrate the holiday with. Now I love the holiday because I have a great husband that spoils me. Russell worked the night before so when he got home, I was still asleep. He took this opportunity to hide red roses all over the house.
This is one of the beautiful roses I found when I woke up.
Russell even gave Emily a pretty rose. However he hid it a little too close to her crib so when she woke up, she found the rose and by the time she was done with it, the rose looked like this. HA HA! I was wondering why she didn't cry when she woke up and when I went in to get her out of bed, I found out why. She was too busy destroying her Valentine rose. The funny thing was that she was so proud of herself because of what she had done!

For breakfast we had heart shaped pancakes. They didn't really turn out like I had hoped. A few weeks ago our grill broke so I had to use a frying pan to cook the pancakes and unfortunately they kind of burned. ;( But they were still pretty good especially with our homemade pomegranate syrup!

Here are all of our Valentine gifts.

Emily got a new Valentine dress, a stuffed puppy, and her favorite gift, two balloons. She LOVES her balloons. She carried one in each hand everywhere she walked that day (except for church). She even had to take them with her over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to show them her balloons.

These are my beautiful flowers Russell gave me. They smell so pretty. I love them. Thanks dear!

Emily gave this picture to her dad for Valentine's Day. He loved it.

I made Russell a CD of all of our favorite songs including songs that have special meanings in our relationship. I also made this CD case to hold the special CD. Russell loved the CD; each time a new song would play, he would say " Oh I remember when..." or "I love this song!" I was glad he liked it.
This is my latest project and I think it turned out pretty good. It actually took longer to make than I thought it would because I sewed the tie inside of the pocket instead of outside so I had to unpick the whole thing. I was mad at myself but what can ya do. It is inevitable that I will unpick something when I sew.

I have to give credit where credit is due so thank you Jill for the great Valentine's idea. If you want to make one of these cute cases, check out homemade by Jill: http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2010/02/simple-cd-wallet.html
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

you guys are so sweet to each other!