Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Projects...Church Book

I just finished this cute scrapbook of gospel pictures for Emily to have at church. I got the idea from my mom. Her ward Relief Society did this for Enrichment one night. The first section is My Gospel ABC's. Each page is alphabetical and has a picture and either a saying or scripture to go along with the word. Emily loves looking at the pictures in this book. She will point to the ones of Jesus and say "JESUS" she can also point the the pictures of me, Russell, herself and her grandparents and say "MAMA, DADDY, BABY, GAMA and PAPA" The picture of the church and temple are "CHUCH" and I am trying to teach her the names of the other pictures. So far Ammon is the only one she has tried to say. She is getting so smart! I put in a few pictures of my favorite pages.

A is for Ammon; B is for Baptism

C is for Chruch; D is for Dad

E is for Eternal; F is for Family

G is for Grandparents; H is for Helaman

M is for Mom; N is for Nephi

O is for Obey; P is for Prophet

Q is for Quiet; R is for Resurrection

Y is for You; Z is for Zion
The next section in the book is "Our Primary Colors." This section has colored pages so Emily can learn her colors.

"Our primary colors are 1 2 3...

Red, Yellow....

and Blue!"
The last section is the "Presidents of the Church" This section is probably still a little old for Emily but she still likes the pictures.
In this section I dedicate a page to each of the latter-day prophets...

From Joseph Smith and Brigham Young...

To Gordon B. Hinckley and Thomas S. Monson.

As you can tell from this picture, Emily loves her new book. I think it will be great to take to church and help her learn the gospel. Even though Emily is only 16 months old, she gets to go to Nursery on Sundays. She LOVES Nursery. She especially loves singing the primary songs. The way I get her to go to church is I tell her she gets to go to her cute class and sing songs. She will then get all excited and run to the door to leave. After Sacrament meeting on Sundays, I say lets go to class and she runs to the Nursery room. She loves it.

1 comment:

Cami and Phil said...

Hooray for Nursery!!! Stetson just started it and is doing SO GOOD! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Church book Idea! I totally want to make one!