Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Got any Potty Training Advice?

With the price of diapers reaching $25 a box and a box only lasting 2-3 weeks, I can no longer afford to have a child in diapers! So it is time for Emily to be potty trained. She has actually been doing really well at it. I just take her to the bathroom about every 30 minutes and let her get used to the idea of sitting on the toilet. Then when she goes, we cheer and give high-five's and she does a little "Big Girl" dance and gets a treat. It is so funny. She loves flushing the toilet, which I don't know if that is a good thing. She also loves washing her hands (or playing in the water).
She has had some accidents though which is expected. When that happened we gave her a cold shower which she hated so she hasn't had any accidents since then. I want to get to the point where she tells me when she needs to go without me reminding her or taking her into the bathroom. I guess that will just come with time though. We have been working with her for a little over a week now and today she wore her big girl panties all day with no accidents!! YEAH EMILY!!
If any of you have any advice or tips on what worked for your kids, please let me know.

2 comments:

Dale and Marcie said...

Sounds like you are doing better than we did. We have been working on it since December I think. We are now down to only accidents when she sleeps. Stay with it...she will be going on her own before you know it! Liking to flush is a good thing...some kids find it tramatic and cries because they think a part of them is going away forever.

Alan said...

That is great!

Crystal