Monday, March 22, 2010

Spectrum 10K

This weekend I ran the Spectrum 10K. It was a really good race and there were a lot of participants because it is one of the qualifying races for the St. George Marathon. The race started in the Snow Canyon State Park and we ran 3 miles in the park through the beautiful red rocks. We watched the sun rise over the scenery as we ran. It was breathtaking. For the next three miles, we ran through the city and neighborhoods in Ivins and then finished at the Ivins City Park. The course was really nice and mostly down hill, which is always good. The weather was great too! It was a perfect day for a race.
My goal for this race was to do it under an hour. My time was 54:55 which is a 8:51 min/mile! So I made my goal!! This race was different in that we wore running chips on our shoes so that our time only started when we crossed the starting line instead of when the start gun fired. I was 342 overall and 11th in my age group. I think I did pretty good.
Because we used the running chips, we didn't get individual cards with our results on it, instead we just had to find our times on the results board. Here are my results (if you can read that small of print!) The first person across the finish line ran the race in less that 30 minutes! Can you believe that? That is less than 5 min/mile! All I can say is AMAZING!
Well I had planned on doing other fun runs this year but I think this will be my last race for a while. An explanation is coming soon.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Way to go! That is awesome! and if your explanation is what I think it is...congrats!

Crystal