Friday, April 16, 2010

Run 4 Kids 5k

April 10th was the Run 4 Kids 10K/5K/1K. It was held in Coral Canyon. All of the proceeds from this race went to The Learning Center. I participated in the 5K. It was a really good race. It ran through the neighborhood of Coral Canyon and then ended at the Holiday Inn Express. I wanted to run this race in 24 minutes but I ended up getting 25:24 minutes. I was kind of bummed about my time because I knew I could have done better. Then when I got my Runner Card with my results on it, I found out that I came in second place in my age group! So that made me feel better. I have never place in a race before so I was excited to win a medal!
Here I am sporting my new T-shirt and my 2nd Place Medal!!! Wahoo! I turned out to be a good race after all!

1 comment:

Cami and Phil said...

Wow good for you running and placing!! You are making me feel SOO out of shape right now!