Wednesday, August 25, 2010

100th Post = Good News

I didn't even realize this was our 100th blog entry until I logged in today and the dashboard said 99 posts. When I realized that, I knew I had to write something really important and/or exciting so here goes...
If you haven't already found out, I'm pregnant!! with baby Farnsworth #2. Russell and I are really excited for this new addition to our family. The baby's due date is February 27, 2011 (too bad it's not a leap year, that would be awesome!) We have told Emily she is going to be a big sister and have a little brother or sister but she doesn't really seem to care because she probably doesn't know what we are talking about. I keep asking her if I'm going to have a sister or brother and she tells me a brother but if I ask her if I'm going to have a brother or sister she says sister. When I ask her if she wants to be a big sister she just says "OK!"
I knew the truth was always in the pee but I was still a little nervous about telling people until I got the confirmation from the doctor. In March I had a miscarriage and that was probably one of the hardest things I have had to go through so far in my life. Luckily I have a great husband, daughter, family members, and friends that helped me a lot during that time. Even my sister-in-law, Traci, who is on a mission in El Salvador right now, wrote us a wonderful letter about overcoming trials and putting our faith and trust in the Lord that all would be well. Because of this situation, I was very nervous and concerned that I would have another miscarriage with this pregnancy so I did not want to tell anyone right away. On my first doctor appointment at 7 weeks, my doctor knew I was concerned and he wanted to make sure everything was okay too so he did an ultrasound. Sure enough, there was a little baby bean growing in there!! I was so happy to see that and to know everything was okay. Modern technology is a great blessing, at least it was for me that day!
This is Emily and me showing off our bellies. I am 11 weeks along in this picture. While I was pregnant with Emily I didn't take any pictures of my growing belly so I want to be better this time around. I figure if I take a picture each time I go to the doctor I will have one for every month of the pregnancy.
I am 13 weeks along now and so glad to be out of the first trimester! This pregnancy has been so different. With Emily I was hardly sick at all but with this one it was like everyday! I just had no energy, all I did was lay on the couch, if I didn't eat every few hours I became so nauseous and weak I couldn't even stand, I even had to go home from work early a few days because all I did was run to the bathroom every hour. I have heard that every pregnancy is different but this is crazy. I don't know if that means this one is a boy or just an ornery girl!
I have a poll on the sidebar of our blog so let me know if you think we're having a little boy or a little girl. We will find out in about the middle of October.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for you!

Jaimi said...

Congrats. Every pregnancy is different. I had more heartburn with my second than with my first. It's always a joy though. I'm excited for you guys.

~HIGGINS~ said...

You made a comment on one of your posts awhile ago that made me think you were pregnant, but I didn't want to ask. I'm way excited for you. I too had a miscarriage right before Madison and know how concerning it can be to be pregnant again. Enjoy every second of being pregnant.