Monday, August 2, 2010

Fish Lake aka Heaven!

After leaving Yankee Meadow, we travelled up to Fish Lake to spend the week with my family. We camped at Harv's Reservoir on the Gooseberry side of Fish Lake mountain. I love this mountain. It is definitely heaven on earth! Russell had to go back home to go to school and work during the week so Emily and I were on our own. We had a lot of fun but we definitely missed our dad.
The first night we roasted marshmallows. My sisters had found these HUGE marshmallows at Wal-Mart; they were awesome! As you can see from the above picture, the two littler mallows are actually the regular large mallows you normally get and the HUGE mallows are like 4 times as big! Then when the huge mallows were roasted they puffed up even more. One huge mallow could make one HUGE S'more or 3 or 4 regular S'mores! My nephew, Jacob, ate two of them and was so sick he had to puke! I just made Emily a regular S'more and she loved it.

Before he left, I had Russell put up Emily's swing. She had a good time swinging in it and being pushed by all of the cousins. She especially loved it when her favorite cousin, Tyrel, pushed her in the swing but she wasn't so sure about letting him swing in her swing. She finally did let him though.

The weather was pretty bad the whole week because it rained pretty much the whole time. It was okay though because we just stayed in our trailers and played cards. One day it looked like it would be a pretty nice day so we headed out to go fishing at Mill Meadow. Because my mom and I didn't have a car, we borrowed my sisters Jeep. If any of you know Fish Lake, it can be sunny one moment and down pouring rain the next and that is exactly what happened to us in the Jeep! The Jeep only had a soft top on it so we were basically just out in the rain with no shelter! My mom and I threw Emily and Taylor in the truck with my sister and took Justin and Drew with us. As you can see from the picture above, Becca, Drew, and Justin were getting soaked riding in the back of the Jeep with barely any roof. We tried to drive as fast as we could to get out of the rain but there was no escaping the down pour. It finally stopped raining about an hour after we got to Mill Meadow and it was a nice day after that...until we broke down...
On our way back to camp, we were stopped near Gate's Lake by the construction workers because we needed to wait to a pilot car. While we were waiting, we turned off the Jeep because it was almost out of gas. Finally the pilot car arrived and we followed it down the road construction. About a half mile from our camp, the Jeep started losing power and then it just died right in the middle of the road construction. While the pilot car driver took my mom to camp to get some gas, Emily and I were stranded in the Jeep getting glares and looks from all of the construction workers driving by. Below you can see the huge truck driving passed Emily and me. Finally we got some gas and were able to escape the construction zone.

This week at the Fish Lake Lodge the Square Dancers were there. We drove to the Lodge a couple times that week the get hot chocolate and watch the Square Dancers. They were good dancers but their outfits were pretty outrageous!
In all the camping trip was a lot of fun despite the rain. I had a good time with my family and Emily loved playing with her cousins in the dirt. We were glad to see Russell when he came back up to get us. I love camping and being with family!

2 comments:

The Nielson Bunch said...

Looks like tonz of fun! Congrats on #2. I voted for a girl!!!

Jaimi said...

Looks like Fun!! Hey Russ I gave you the wrong info for my blog page. Its emtff4u.blogspot.com. Sorry cuz!! Hope Things are going well.