Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet the Flintstones!

This year for Halloween I made costumes for all three of us. We are the Flintstones! Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles.
I think the costumes turned out pretty cute. My Wilma costume looks kind of funny but it works. I have wanted to make these costumes for Halloween ever since Emily was born but I never did get around to it. I figured if I don't do it this year I can't ever do it because next year we will have another baby so the theme won't work. Our ward is giving out awards for the best costumes this year at our Trunk or Treat so I am hoping we will win something. We will have to see on Friday.

This year my mom held her annual Halloween party on Saturday October 23. There were a lot of fun games, cool and scary costumes, candy, and yummy food.
Terral and her girls were '50s poodle skirt girls. Justin and Drew didn't come to the party until later because they were deer hunting with Chad and my dad. It is Justin's first time hunting and he was the only one that drew out this year.
The Hughes' had really cute costumes this year. Lacie worked hard all night to make the awesome Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head costumes for Jacee and Becca. I think they turned out really good. Tyrel and Taylor were also Toy Story characters Woody and Jessie. Baby Tyler was a Doctor in Training and Lacie was a doctor too.
The scariest costume of all was Jared in his zombie costume. He scared all of the little kids so bad that Tyrel and Emily wouldn't even stay in the house let alone the same room as him. We made him take off his costume during the party. Jacob was a cool pirate this year. I don't know where Jess and Josh were in this picture.
The Morwood's also had fun costumes. Chelsie was an '80s girl, Cassie was a devil angel, Braden was Indiana Jones and Jason was Darth Vader.
After pictures, the games began. Russell and I did our game first. We called it Trick or Treat. The kids had to do certain tricks in order to get treats. Jess had the best trick. She had to do her best impression of Michael Jackson singing "Thriller." We laughed and laughed as she did her dance.
We also played Halloween Pictionary that the boys won. Then we had a Halloween cake walk that Emily won! Emily's favorite game was throwing the pumpkins in the cauldron. She wanted to do it all by herself and she actually made a few in the cauldron.
Emily especially liked decorating Halloween cookies. Okay mostly she liked eating the frosting! Needless to say, none of the kids were too hungry for dinner after eating all of the treats and cookies. The party was really fun and we love being with family. Emily was especially looking forward to the party all day because she wanted to see her cousins. She loves her cousins! Thanks for the great party!

No comments: