Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Primary Program DONE!

Our Primary Program was on October 24 this year. The kids did really well and I got a lot of complements afterward from the members of the ward. Many of them said it was the best program they had ever seen, others asked me how I got them to sing so well, and everyone said the Primary Program was their favorite Sacrament Meeting of the year. In reply, I just smiled and said "They did a great job today, I am really proud of them." I have figured out after two years that it doesn't matter how much you practice and how much you stress over this Program, the kids always pull it off better than you can imagine! During the practice on Saturday, the kids would not sing at all no matter what I did but I knew that once they were in front of their parents and the other ward members, they would shine and they did. During the song "I Know My Savior Loves Me" I almost teared up because they were singing so strongly and you could feel the Spirit in the message of that song. Our Primary President was crying during the song and I couldn't look at her or I would have started crying too. In all the Program was a huge success!

Here are all of my Primary kids! After the Program, we all went outside and had cookies and took pictures for next year. These kids really are great kids and I am going to miss them. We just moved into a new place so we will no longer be in this ward. This has been a great ward and we will miss everyone in it especially the great friends we have made. I have really enjoyed my calling as the Primary Music Leader and am kind of sad to leave. I really dreaded this calling when I was first called but I have come to love it as well as the kids. The new ward we are moving into is actually the St. George 4th ward, the one we moved out of when we moved to Bloomington. We are excited to be coming back to this ward but sad to leave the ward we are in. There are a lot of familiar faces though as well as some new people. There is actually 2 nurseries in this new ward which will be a lot different than the 2 kids in our current ward's nursery! It will be interesting to see where we will fit into our new ward and what callings we will get. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Ours is in two weeks...As of today, it will be a flog, but I think in the end, the kids will pull it off...they always do. I love, love, love your Flinstones costumes. So very cute!