Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  What a great blessing it is to be a mom.  I have the best kids and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  I love them so much.

This year Mother's Day was really busy.  We wanted to split our time between both families which is always hard.  First we went to church at 9:00.  Jen and Rick were blessing their new baby, Annalynn, at the same time.  I had to play the piano for the primary while they sang to their moms so I went to our ward with the kids and Russell went to his mom's ward for the blessing.  Also in our ward, my grandma was being honored in sacrament meeting for being the oldest mother in the ward.  My whole family including aunts and uncles came to support her in this.  My Aunt Janet even spoke.  It was a really nice thing for the bishop to do and Janet gave a great talk and tribute to Grandma.  She is an amazing lady and I am so glad she is my Grandma!  I probably could have made both the baby blessing and our ward's program because Russell came over right after the baby blessing and there was plenty of time before the program started.  I just didn't want to risk missing our primary singing.  Emily loved singing in front of everyone.  She was really concerned though because I would be playing the piano instead of in the audience so she was worried she wouldn't be able to sing to me because I would be behind her.  I told her she could turn around and sing to me instead and she thought that was a great idea.  I don't think she did turn around though she just sang to the audience which was okay too.

After Sacrament Meeting, we all went out to eat with my Grandma.  We went to Golden Corral.  This is a tradition with my family because we don't want to cook!  After getting stuffed, we headed over to Russell's family for another dinner to celebrate Annalynn's blessing as well as Mother's Day.  It was nice to spend time with family.  We were also able to plan our upcoming family reunion.  Later, we went over to my mom's house for more visiting.  

I made a couple things for Mother's Day this year.  First, I made Emily and me matching skirts for church.  Emily loves matching and she even helped me pick out the fabric:

 I also made these fun wooden plaques for mine and Russell's mom.  I love the saying because it is so true.  I know all of my nieces and nephews are best friends because of spending time together at Grandma's house. And my cousins and I are friends because of this reason too.  

For my Mother's Day gift, I got a new bike:

 Now we can go on more rides as a family.  My old bike was a man's mountain bike so it was too big for me.  I had to reach to get to the handle bars.  Russell took my bike to the pawn shop and got $20 for it, which was probably too low of a price but it helped us put $20 toward my new bike.  This new bike fits me much better and I love riding it.  I can't wait to go on a big ride.

No comments: