Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, Dads!  We had a really nice relaxing day.  We just chilled at home which is what Russell wanted to do anyway because he worked the night before! 

For Father's Day, I made picture collages of the kids holding signs that say "We {heart} Dad":
And for the grandpas, "We {heart} Papa":
I love how you can see all of their personality and expressions in the pictures.  They were the perfect gift and everyone loved them.  I think my favorite picture is the "Dad" picture where Emily and Colby have thier tounges sticking out.  I didn't even tell them to do it.  Emily just said she wanted a funny picture so she started sticking out her tounge.  When Colby saw this, he loves to copy his sister so he stuck his tounge out too!  So Perfect!

This week was also my first week in my new calling as Primary President!  Yeah talk about over whelming.  It was a good week though and the primary kids were actually pretty good.  For a Father's Day gift to our ward, I had the primary kids hand out Hershey's Kisses to all of the men in our ward.  Along with the Kisses, my 1st counselor found a cute printout of the "Daddy's Homecomeing" primary song that said, "Put my arms around his neck Hug him tight like this.  Pat his cheeks and give him what? A great big KISS."  They were cute and the men loved them and the kids loved handing them out.

That night, we went to the park and celebrated Jack-Jack and Jacee's birthday as well as Father's Day.
Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

The Nielson Bunch said...

Looks like you guys have been super busy. Cute father's day pictures, congrats on your new calling...you will be great and good job Russell (and family) for finishing the academy. :)