Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Official Firefighter

2012 St. George City Fire Figher Recruit Graduation.

On the 11 of June 2012 was the end an awesome fire academy and the begining of an awesome career with the Fire Deparment. The graduation was held at the Arts building on 100S and Main. I was so excited for this day. The academy was about four months long and when I got a month out from graduation I was starting to get a little excited that I was soon to be done. In the picture above are all of us in the in our offical dark blues. Yep no more light blue academy shirts and red t-shirts. Man we all look good. In the pictures below are all of the all of the sernior officers and us cadets.


  As a thank you to the St. George Fire Dept, we as a class got together and made a plaque with our picture and the names of each of the instuctors who taught the class. The plaque turned out really well. I think it is the best plaque the dept has seen yet. Vasu Mudliard and Jared Jepson were asked to present the plaque to Chief Stoker.
The whole graduation was amazing. It started off with the color gaurd presenting the colors. The guys who where doing the flags wore thier class A uniforms; they looked really sharp. After the pledge, our class was asked to sing the "Star Spangled Banner" as part of a deal because we lost our flag. We all sounded really good. Chief Stoker was really impressed, he had no idea that we were going to sing. He thought it was a voluntary choice that we sang. Next we had a slide show of the whole academy. It showed pictures and video clips of what we did through out the academy. Once that was over, it was time to be called up and get our badge and our graduation certificate. I was so excited to go up and watch Chief Stoker pin that badge to my chest. I am offically a Fire Fighter. All in all it was a great graduation. I cannot wait till I get my first call as a Fire Fighter.

.

After graduation it was picture time with Daddies little munchines and Tiffany. I am so grateful for a loving wife and two kids who are very supportive and had amazing patience with me as I went through this class. The class was not easy, but it was worth every bit.






No comments: