Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fill the Boot

Each year the Fire Dept does a "Fill the Boot" drive for the Muscular Dystrophy fund raiser. This was my first year doing this and it was an awesome experience. Our station along with Station 7 were assigned to Sunset Blvd and Dixie Dr.  We did this in the middle of the summer so it was extremely hot walking up and down the asphalt for a couple of hours. Yes that is me in the middle of the road holding a boot. We go out during a red light, go up to a car, and ask if they would like to donate. Some people were very generous and others were not so generous. It is funny how some people would not even make eye contact with you so they do not have to stop. Even when I tried to make eye contact and walk up to their car they would act like they never saw me and just keep driving.

Tiffany came over and drove through and while she put money in the boot I was able to steal a kiss from her. One of the Firefighters, Sampson, was in awe when I randomly kissed a girl in the road. He asked if he could be next. I said sorry bud only I can kiss my wife. The whole experience was fun and amazing. We raised a lot of money to help the cause.

No comments: