Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Emily's New Room

We finally got Emily's new room painted and put together.  With the new baby coming we decided it was time to split the rooms into a boys room and a girls room.  This is definitely a girls room now.  Here is what the room looked like before:
...and here is the after shots:
Russell repainted all of the walls white and an accent wall purple.  Then we added flower decals to the walls for that girly touch.  Emily also got a new bed with the move.  We actually purchased this bed at a yard sale when Emily was only like a year old and we have just been storing it until now.  We couldn't pass up the great deal we go on the bed and we love that the bottom drawer under the bed can also fit a mattress so it can be another bed if we need it to be.  Emily absolutely loves her new room and also loves her new bed.  She was getting a little too big for the toddler bed.  She has told everyone we know about her new room and has invited all of them to come see it. 

The room kind of has a "Tangled" theme to it because Emily loved Rapunzel.  She even picked out the "Tangled" sheets for her bed and the first night she slept on her new bed she had to wear her "Tangled" pajamas to match.

Here are some more shots of the finished room:


We added the purple sun banners from the movie to the walls after using then for her birthday as well as the paper lanterns and the 15 foot long yellow hair braid.  I had worked too hard on these decorations for the party to just throw them away so we added them to the room.  I think they make a nice touch.  In the closet (which I didn't take a picture of) is my old Barbie house.  I decided Emily was now old enough to play with my childhood prized possessions, my Barbies!  She loves the Barbie house and will play for hours just like I did.  

One great thing about this new room is that Emily will keep it clean!  She will pick up her toys a lot better than before and she even takes pride in her new bed by making it each morning!  I am really shocked and so happy about this change.   I still have curtains for the window and a quilt for the bed in the works and the goal is to get them done before Christmas.  I love how the room turned out.  So far this is the most finished room in the whole house.  It will be nice to get the boys room done next and then move on to the bathrooms. 
With all of the pictures being take of Emily and her room, Colby didn't want to be left out.  He said "I ont picture!"  Which is funny because he usually avoids the camera.  So he struck a pose and actually smiled for the camera!  After taking this picture I realized how big he is getting.  He is starting to look more like a little boy than a baby.  I was sad and asked him who said he could get so big.  Kids grow too fast and I know he and Emily are going to seem so much bigger when the new baby comes too. 

No comments: