Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall Festival

Emily had been asking to go to the park all day yesterday and I was feeling very lazy so I didn't want to go.  Finally I gave in though and told her that if she slept during her nap time we could go.  Lately she has decided that she doesn't need naps anymore so she will lie down for about a half hour and read books and then tell me she is done sleeping.  Because of this, I was sure I was safe in not having to go to the park because I didn't think she would actually sleep this time.  Well she must have really wanted to go to the park because she proved me wrong and took an hour or so nap.  The moment she woke up, she told me it was time to go to the park.  So we had to go.

It  was a good thing we went to the park that day and at that time because we soon found out from some of the other people at the park that there was a Fall Festival at the Tonaquint Nature Center starting in a few minutes.  I didn't even know about it but it sounded fun so we walked over to check it out.  The Fall Festival had a bunch of crafts, kid games, pumpkins, popcorn, and of course a lot of candy and people dressed in costumes.  We had a good time playing all of the fun games.

Emily loved eating a donut off a string.  She kept trying to use her hands but the people in charge kept telling her no hands.  After she had taken one bite, she walked away and was done.  I told her to go back and get her donut.  She also liked digging in the hay and finding spiders.

Colby loved the bean bag toss and got every bean bag into the holes.  Mostly he loved the candy he got after each game.  Another fun game was the Candy Corn Bowling.  Colby and Emily both rolled the ball down to knock over the pins.  Colby got all but one so when he went to get his treat, he knocked over the last pin with his hands.  He had figured out the game.

After playing all of the games, we walked along the nature path and searched for hidden pumpkins in the Scavenger Hunt.  There were probably 20 pumpkins hidden and all painted differently.  The kids had a good time searching for all of the pumpkins.  Colby was even pretty good at spotting then and would sometimes find them before Emily. 

The Fall Festival was really fun and I am glad Emily made us go to the park that day or we would have missed out.

No comments: