Monday, October 1, 2012

Primary Program

Our Primary Sacrament Meeting Program was September 30.  My Primary kids did great.  We had a practice on Saturday the 29th and I bribed all of the kids to come and practice by promising pizza afterward.  Of course that practice didn't go as smoothly as hoped but I wasn't too worried because I knew they would do much better on Sunday in front of their parents.  They did great on their speaking parts and my music leader, Lori Olsen, and I got a lot of complements on the music too.  The theme of Primary this year is Choosing the Right.

I wrote the Primary Program while driving through Oregon on our trip.  I was stressing about it for quite a while so I asked for the help of my counselors and the input of the children. With this help, when I started writing, it came together quite quickly.

After the Program and during Primary, we just had a chill day.  First I had all the Primary kids and teachers go outside for a group picture.  Then we had popcorn and watched two church movies about making good choices.  Here are my Primary kids:

We had to through in a silly picture too!  Actually the sun was in every one's eyes so each picture had someone covering their face or looking away.  Oh well good enough right.  This is actually only about half of my Primary kids but these are the active ones that come every week.

I have enjoyed serving as Primary President so far.  These kids are really good most of the time.  I am excited to have a week off this Sunday though because of General Conference.  I am glad to have the Primary Program over and to have it be such a success.  This was also Emily's first Primary Program and she did great on her part too.  She memorized it perfectly and told it to everyone.  The next big thing to plan is our Halloween Primary Activity and Trunk or Treat.

No comments: