Sunday, February 2, 2014

C-O-L-B-Y spells Corbin

Happy birthday to Logan yesterday!  And happy birthday to my mom and Great Grandpa Maxwell today!!  February has already started out fun.  I am still working on editing all of the pictures of Logan's birthday so that post will come later this week.  Meantime though, I want to keep my resolution to post something so here I am.  

I want to remember this funny moment in Colby's life so I am writing it down.  Colby and Emily love the Hughes family.  Whenever they play pretend, their names are Tyrel and Taylor.  Tyrel has a friend named Corbin and Colby and Emily met him the other day.  Since then, Colby has told everyone that his name is Corbin.  The only reason I can see is because Corbin is Tyrel's friend and Colby is Tyrel's friend so his name needs to be Corbin.  Now this is not just some funny thing Colby says, he is very serious when he says his name is Corbin.  He told me he was going to change his name to Corbin not Colby because he chooses it.  The funny thing is, he minds better when I call him Corbin instead of Colby.  Everyday I ask him if his name is Colby today and he always says "No it is Corbin."  Even if I tell him I like Colby better he still wants to be called Corbin.  

We taught Colby to spell his name  few months go so now anytime he sees letters, he tells me "Look it is my name, C-O-L-B-Y."  So now when I ask him to spell his name, he says "C-O-L-B-Y" and when I say "Spells Colby," he says "no it spells Corbin"  He is so funny.  He has told everyone including all of his grandparents and our family members that his name is Corbin.  Every time they see him they ask him if he is Colby or Corbin now.  I told him I want my Colby back but he still wants to be called Corbin.  What am I to do except laugh?    

No comments: