Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine's Crafts

This week we have been having fun making Valentine's Day crafts.  I seem to always forget to do fun Valentine crafts until the day or two before the holiday so we either don't do them or don't have them long enough to enjoy.  This year I wanted to change that so we made our crafts a week before Valentine's Day.  The kids had so much fun.

 While I made the XOXO banner, Emily and Colby worked on heart mosaics made of fun foam.  Logan also had fun scribbling on colored paper.  I was really surprised how well Colby did with this craft.  To make the craft, you had to follow the specific number and color to put the right foam piece in the right place.  I knew Emily would follow the directions but I thought Colby would just put the foam pieces wherever he wanted.  Instead he surprised me and followed the directions perfectly.  He was very focused and had fun finishing his project.  I didn't even need to help him except to take the paper backing off of the sticky foam pieces.
    

 Here are our finished projects.  With the left over foam pieces, Colby and Emily made their own little designs on the back of their mosaic.  
 We also made Valentine's for our friends and family

I took this picture of Emily this week too:
We have been babysitting a baby for my co-worker for the past month.  Emily wanted to hold the baby and while she was holding him she read him her book, "Baby Dear."  I gave her this book when we brought Colby home from the hospital.  It was so cute I had to take a picture.  The baby fell asleep as she was reading.  She is the baby whisperer!

No comments: