Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween 2014

Happy Halloween from the Farnsworth's!
We had so much fun in our costumes this year.  I was able to make all of our costumes except for Russell's big Spiderman suit.  I love how they all turned out.

This year Emily's latest craze is the Disney movie Frozen.  So it was no surprise when she wanted to be Elsa from the movie for Halloween.  I thought it would be fun for all of us to be characters from the movie by Colby would not go for it.  He wanted to be his latest favorite, Spiderman.  There was no changing his mind.  So instead we split up.  Russell and Colby were both Spiderman and the rest of us were Frozen characters.  Emily was Elsa, I was Anna, and Logan was the cutest of all as Olaf the snowman.  Colby's costume was easy to make except for drawing all of the spiderwebs.  It was worth it though because Colby was so excited to try it on and wear it.  Emily's costume was another story.  I was so glad my mom helped me put it all together and then surge the edges to help it last longer.  Her dress had so much glitter on it that everywhere she went she left a trail of glitter.  Emily loved it as well.  I wasn't sure how Logan's costume would turn out because I kind of made it up as I went along but I think it turned out so good!  My costume was fairly simple as well until I got to the part of appliqueing all of the flowers on the bodice and skirt.  That took some time...

I love how all of the costumes turned out and the kids absolutely loved them too.  They might not be the scariest costumes but they sure are the cutest!

We started our Halloween festivities at our ward Trunk-or-Treat on October 30.  This was so much fun and everyone loved our costumes.  It was also nice to not have to be in charge of the Trunk-or-Treat this year.  I was able to just enjoy the night and hand our candy to all the kids.
After dinner, the Youth led all of the kids in a costume parade around the tables and pavilion area.  It was so fun to see all of their costumes.

After the parade, it was time to hit the trunks.  The kids got so much candy.  They loved every minute of it.  Logan even went off by himself to all the trunks to get the candy.  His favorite trunks were his adopted grandparents in the ward; the Gough's and the Thompson's.  Logan is definitely a charmer and has these two couples wrapped around his finger.  Colby and Russell loved showing off their Spiderman moves all night and Emily danced around with her cousin, Brielle, singing Frozen songs.  

We decorated our trunk with a bunch of spider webs so Colby thought it would be cool to be in the trunk as Spiderman surrounded by his webs.  Emily and Brielle were twin Elsa's.  Shawna and I shared the pattern and the fabric so their costumes were very similar.  These two girls thought it was the best thing ever to be matching!  Our bishop even recorded them singing the song "Let It Go." from the movie.  It was so cute.

During the week, Emily had piano practice and her teacher said they could wear their costumes to class.  When we got there, one of the other boys was dressed up as this huge Olaf!  We just had to take a picture of the two kids together.

On Halloween, we spent the morning at Emily's school.  First we watched all of the kids in the school in their Halloween costume parade.  Some of the costumes were very creative.  We saw multiple Elsa's but I think Emily's costume was the best Elsa. (I may be a little bias...).  After the parade, we headed to Emily's kindergarten class to get ready for the class Halloween party.  As the room parents, Russell and I put together a really fun party.  We played Halloween Bingo, Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin, made a pumpkin and ghost craft, and at the end had a Halloween cake walk. I think the kids had a lot of fun.  It is nice to be involved in the school and get to know the kids Emily talks about all the time.    
After school, we hit up our first house for Trick-or-Treating, Aunt Traci's.  They loved trick or treating to Aunt Traci because she gave them special treats.

I needed to pick up my race packet for my half marathon at the Staheli Farm so we spend some of our Halloween at the Staheli Farm checking out the animals.

It was fun walking around the farmland seeing the little kid mazes, petting the animals, and just playing.  We were going to go trick or treat in the Corn Maze but we decided we didn't want our costumes to get all dirty and ruined (okay I decided).  After the Corn Maze we went trick or treating to all of our family.  We ended in Santa Clara at my Aunt Janet's house.  There we enjoyed homemade donuts and taco soup.  I was glad we stopped because we had not had any dinner yet and we were living off of candy all day.  We also met up with my Grandma Morwood and the Smith's.  It was really fun.
And as our tradition, we had yummy dinner in a pumpkin this week.  We also had some other Halloween themed dinners this week but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures.  

Happy Halloween!

No comments: