Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Temple Quarry Trail

I decided that we needed to get out and get some sunlight and exercise so that is what we did. Since Emily did not have school it was easy to get things done first thing in the morning.  With it being a holiday, I packed a lunch and took the kids to the park near the Temple Quarry trail up by the old airport. Tiffany met us up there during her lunch break. As you can tell they had a great time playing at the park. 
Once lunch was done we took off on an adventure down the trail where the pioneers got the lava rock for the foundation of the St, George Temple. I was really amazed how well all three of them did. We jumped over rocks and played in the dirt, we threw rocks off the hillside and Emily and Colby climbed up big rocks. Emily had her new camera from Christmas with her, and these are the cool pictures we took as we went along the trail. 


We got about half way and they were getting tired, so I told them lets go until the next turn and we should be there. Needless to say I forgot how long the trail really was. I think we walked close to 2 miles just to get to the site. They were all little troopers. Once we got to the site the were all full of energy again. I showed them the sign and the holes that the pioneers drilled to break the rock. Emily was way excited to see the holes that she kept finding more of them. The picture of Logan and me was the rock where the original pioneers signed there names.  The hike back had to become a game because they were tired and I could not carry all of them. Emily was so excited to be the first one back that she started to run down the trail. I had to stop her a few times when I lost sight of her. She probably would have ran the whole if I would have let her. Poor Colby was jealous of Logan because poor Logan was so tired he could not walk anymore so I carried him and Colby wanted to be carried also. The whole experience was a blast with the kids. I am glad the Lord gave me the opportunity to have such amazing kids to be with and the time to spend with them.

This is just a fun picture thrown in:
For "Show and Tell" or what is called the "Surprise Box" in Emily's class, Emily wanted to bring her new camera.  So while she was showing it, she had the helping teacher take a picture of her whole class.  I think this will be a fun thing for her to have to look back on and remember her Kindergarten class.

No comments: