Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hello, 2015.

Hello, 2015!  What a fun year 2014 was and now we are looking forward to more fun adventures in 2015.  The year sure started out fun with a few inches of snow on the first day!  The kids had a blast playing in it.  I even ran 6 miles this morning in the snow!  That is new for me.  Here are some fun pictures of our snow day.



What a great day.  The snow was way too powdery to build a snowman but we did have fun throwing snowballs at each other.  

As for New Year Resolutions, I haven't really thought of any.  I do want to continue to improve my scripture reading.  Our Relief Society President challenged us to memorize The Family Proclamation this year so I want to do that, too.  My main goal this year is to focus on the four most important things Elder Hales talked about in his Conference talk in October 2014.  He said the most important things you can do is read your scriptures, pray, have Family Home Evening, and attend the Temple.  He said these are more important than sleep, work, school, or play!  H promised we would have peace in our lives if we would do those things.  Well, you know what, I really think that is true.  Those things are the most important things we can do.  I definitely want peace in my life so I am going to be better at those things this year.

As for the kids, I want Emily to continue to do well in school and learn a ton.  I also want to start her in piano lessons.  I would like Colby to also start a preschool of some sort and continue to learn.  He loves to write his name and does it really well.  Now I just want him to start writing other letters and words.  My goal for Logan is to be potty trained!  We have tried and tried with him but he just doesn't seem to care.  He did really well the first day but then just didn't seem to care after that.  Someday there will be no more diapers....

One of Russell's goals this year is to get hired on with a full-time Fire/Medic agency.  He is getting really burned out working three jobs to keep his skills up as well as making ends meet.  He is hoping to get hired on with Logan City fire and finally be in the field and career he wants to be.  I am hoping for this too.  Russell tested with them back in October-ish and did really well on his tests ranking in the top three.  He just called the Fire Chief up there the other day just to tell him he was still interested in the job and ask if there were any updates.  When he called the Chief started laughing and said Russell's file was sitting right in front of him at that moment!  The Chief asked if Russell was psychic or something.  We found out there was an opening coming available and we would hear back in a few weeks about coming for an interview.  Russell was so excited!  So we are waiting for a little longer to see if the Chief calls him up for a Chief's Interview. We will have to see...

Well 2015 just might be more eventful than we think.  

Happy New Year.

No comments: