Sunday, March 22, 2015

Shamrock 10K

The ShamROCK Your Socks Off 10K was such a fun race for me.  I ran this race a few years back before I was pregnant with Colby but it was called the Spectrum 10K then.  That being said, I was familiar with the course so I knew what to expect.  The race started up in the beautiful red rocks of Snow Canyon State Park and then followed the trail down into Ivins and ended at the Ivins Park.  

I ran this race with Shawna and here we are at the beginning.  At race time, we took off.  I started out way too fast and my legs felt like Jello.  My first mile was under 7 minutes which is pretty fast for me.  I finally got into a groove and raced down the course.  By mile 5 I was wearing out because I was going faster than usual.  I had to keep going though because I only had a mile left.  Boy was that a long mile...

I made it across the finish line with my best time ever in a 10k, 49 minutes 42 seconds!  That is a 8 minute mile!  I was so happy with my time.  Later I found out that I had also placed third in my age division!  That was so exciting too!

So for my awesome job I was awarded some cool florescent green tube socks!!!  Yeah!  Oh well it was cool to place anyway and I did get some good gift certificates too like a free sub at Firehouse Subs! (I love that place!)  

Russell had to work this day so Traci was so awesome and let the kids sleepover at her house the night before so that I could go to the race.  Then to top it off, she was awesome enough to bring the kids to the finish line where they got to see me finish and they even brought me flowers!!  What an awesome family and support system I have.  Thanks so much Traci, Emily, Colby, and Logan for cheering me on today!  What a good race.

No comments: