Friday, September 4, 2015

Go Aggies!!!

We are becoming true Aggies! 
Logan City sent out an email asking anyone who was interested in tickets to the first Aggie football game of the season at USU to put in an email so their names could be drawn out to win a pair of tickets. I thought, "What the heck, I am not out anything," so I put my name in. On Tuesday I got an email saying who won the tickets and lo and behold my name was on the list! I thought sweet we get to go to a football game. We looked at getting tickets for the kids but they were too much at the time, so Tiffany and I decided to make it a date night. Thanks to the Swan family it was possible. I went to pick up the tickets and found out that a VIP dinner came with it. Sweet even a better deal. So here we are in the top picture, all of us showing our Aggie spirit. We went to the USU store on Main and got all of us Aggie shirts and some cool stickers.
 As you can tell we had really good seats just on the South East side about five rows from the field. The whole night was a lot of fun, Tiffany and I have not had a good date night since we moved up here. The dinner was great and after the dinner there was the tailgate party on the street that we walked through. There was a lot of sponsors and people cooking food and lots of games.

Let the football game begin!


Tiffany and I were bummed at first because they had the marching band and Colby would have loved to see the marching band. The opening ceremony was great the band played and then the players came out on the field with torches shooting high. Then there was Big Blue, the Aggie's mascot. I remember from when I was a kid, I thought he was the coolest mascot around. Once again Tiff and I thought the kids would have gotten a kick out of him, so we told each other that we need to bring them to at least one game this year. 



As far as the game goes, both teams struggled to play well offensively. If it was not for the Aggies' defense the whole game would have been a huge loss. The kicker got a lot of field time for the field goals and punting the ball during the 4th down. We decided it was getting late and we did not want to have the Swan's thinking we forgot about our kids so we left at the fourth quarter and the score was 5-7. We thought there was no way they were going to win because of the way they had been playing. Unfortunately, we were wrong and gave up too early on our Aggies. Calen, my cousin, called me about 45 minutes later and told us USU had won by one touch down and it was an amazing 4th quarter. We thought "Oh now that is not fair the excitement always comes when we leave." It was a great night out on the town with a beautiful lady at a football game.

We are definitely going to have to go to more games this season.

No comments: