Sunday, September 30, 2018

More September Fun

September just flew by because we were doing so many fun activities.  At the beginning of the month on Labor Day, the kids and I participated in the Wellsville Founder's Day Fun Run.

We all ran the mile together and all the kids came away with medals.  They ran so fast.  Emily beat us all and was one of the first kids to finish.  I kept telling Colby to run ahead and catch Emily but he wanted to stay with Logan and me even if it meant he was running backwards sometimes waiting for us to catch up.  Logan and I ran together with Charlotte in the stroller.  Logan is getting to be a better runner each race.  We all had a good time.  

Russell met us at the Wellsville park when he got off work after the race.  There was a parade starting an hour or so later so we just decided to hang out at the park and wait rather than drive all the way home just to turn around and come back.  While at the park, Colby and Logan showed us some of their gymnast moves on the monkey bars.


I swear Logan had no fear at all on those bars.  He just kept swinging up there and hanging upside down from his knees.  Every time, my heart skipped a beat because I knew he was going to fall and land on his head but, thankfully, he never did fall.

Also at the beginning of September, I had my first haircut!

My first haircut that is since my hair grew back from chemo.  It has been exactly one year since my last chemo treatment so to celebrate, I got my haircut.  It took one year to get my hair back.  I love how the haircut turned out and my friend, Chelsea Kerr, did a great job.  The bad part though is that by cutting it, all of my curly new hair was cut off.  So yes I am back to straight hair but I guess straight hair is better than no hair!  

For Family Home Evening one night, Emily taught us a great lesson about Joseph Smith's First Vision and some of his life.  As an activity at the end, we played Joseph Smith's favorite game, stick pull.


Colby really got into it and was so strong he could pretty much pull everyone over.  Even Charlotte got into it and pulled with all her might.  The kids played and played until the dowel broke in half from all the force. It was a fun activity.

We spent a week in St. George at the end of the month so we could celebrate Grandma's 100th birthday and be there for Josh and Hallie's wedding and Jacee and Stuart's wedding.  It was a busy week but Logan managed to lose his second tooth while we were there.
He was so excited be wasn't sure if the tooth fairy would find him at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Lucky for him though, the tooth fairy knows all and did find him.

Also, while in St. George I ran a virtual 5K for a Facebook running group I am in.

I was able to run my fastest time yet since getting back into running.  I ran it in 26.36 minutes and had negative splits!  I was so happy with my time. 

It has been a great month.  Now on to October and all of the fun fall activities.

No comments: