Wednesday, July 31, 2019

More July Fun

Though our trip to Glacier and our camping trip to Cove Mountain took up most of July, we did manage to squeeze in a few more fun things this month.  
First was a trip to Provo to attend Ashley's bridal shower.  Ashley and Tyler will be getting married in September so it was fun to go to her shower and get to know her a little better.  It was also nice to hang out with Jen and the girls.  

While the girls were at the shower, the boys and the little girls (Charlotte and Kari) had even more fun at Jen's house playing in the pool.

These cousins definitely know how to have fun.  They all did Superman tricks into the pool, splashed around, and just cooled off in the water.  There is never a dull moment when these guys get together and Russell is in charge!
This picture tells another funny story.  I don't remember if we had just gotten home from the pool or the splash pad but whatever it was must have worn Charlotte out.  I got in the house and got everything put away and then thought "Where is Charlotte?"  I went into her room and this is what I found.  She had put herself to bed, swimming suit and all, and was sound asleep.  I just had to snap a picture and laugh.

Russell and I also celebrated our 13th anniversary this month.
We decided to just take it easy and spend the day on the lake.  We got the kids' favorite babysitter, Ashley Randall, and headed out to Porcupine Reservoir.  We took the kayaks and tin foil dinners and just had a good kid-free time.  The water was so calm which made kayaking so easy and relaxing.  The two of us cruised all over the lake and even found this cove in the back to explore.  It was nice to get away together and have a fun date night.   Happy 13th anniversary!  I'm pretty sure I won the husband lottery when he asked me to marry him. I love you Russell!!

No comments: